Anne Zahalka has undertaken a number of public and private commissions during her career including Parliament at Work commemorating the 25th Anniversary of Parliament House, Canberra, Welcome to Sydney, a series of portraits depicting migrants for Sydney’s International Arrivals Terminal at Sydney Airport and portraits of Marilyn Darling OA for the National Portrait Gallery, the Board and staff of the Centre for Contemporary Photography, Melbourne and Professor John Redmond, Dean of Faculty Art and Design (1998 -20010) to list a few.
Public and Commemorative
Her services for public and corporate commissions include:
- fully developed outlines of concepts in response to the brief
- proposals address themes, outline approach and budget
- develop and manage budget and oversee production
- Liase with other contractors and staff
- Oversee the treatment of the space and installation of final work
- Forms of display for photographic works such as lightboxes, mural prints,
- framed or mounted works
- Archive all research and data collected of project
2014 Parliament House at work , 25th Anniversary Commission and installation
2010 Portrait Professor John Redmond, Dean, Faculty Art and Design (1998 – 2010)
2010 Portrait Marilyn Darling AC, National Portrait Gallery, Canberra, 2010
Anne ZAHALKA offers a full range of photo- media services for portrait and domestic and architectural settings. Zahalka will meet and discuss your proposal and provide a project outline including approach and budget. Included in the service is the organisation of other contractors as required, preparation of prints as well as the instillation of final work.
This may involve:
- Meet with clients to discuss commission
- Prepare outline and approach for approval
- Agree on commission fee
- Arrange a suitable time to undertake the shoot
- Prepare proof sheets for selection following
- Deliver small print proofs and jpegs of final selected work/s
- Oversee print production and delivery to client
ANNE ZAHALKA is available for private portraiture commissions.